Sunday 17 July 2011

"My Princess"


Ok I am one of those individuals who believes in fate…. So when my husband needed an extra pair of hands at an exhibition I gave up my beloved Sunday morning in Pj’s to assist.  I never imagined I would meet the most friendly and genuine romantic bride Rachael Jones, affectionately known forever as “My Princess” 



Rachael and Peter Clarke (Groom) accompanied by Rachael’s parents Mike & Julie walked around the wedding exhibition looking at everything from photography, flowers and cars. Rachael in her element and Mike a Financial Director mentally totting up the cost of his precious daughters special day. As you do in these situations I asked the date of the wedding “no date” venue “no venue” so I cheekily mentioned that I could maybe assist with the planning of their wedding through North East Wedding Planners …… so here the story starts and also where a friendship started too.

 
I arranged to meet with the Jones in a week or two, we talked through the budget, Rachael’s ideas and it quickly became apparent that Rachael is a girly girl who just loves pink. So yes the colour scheme for the wedding was indeed pink which threw up a few challenges, one being when the groomsmen all found out and refused to wear pink ties…. 

 
Both Rachael and Pete wanted a romantic setting for their civil ceremony with an exclusive venue for the wedding breakfast and evening reception with accommodation on site. I made a few suggestions, the National Trust site Washington Old Hall selected for the ceremony and Eslington Villas for the wedding breakfast. 


The dress had to have “Bling” and the bridesmaids well shades of pink what else would do, as the planning started to progress everything else fell into place… with shoes from New York and a bracelet from Tiffany’s, celebrity magicians and traditional harpists to entertain …….



At this point I believe I should point out that even though the budget was set two years prior to the wedding day and the Government increased the VAT twice etc North East Wedding Planners still brought the whole wedding in under budget (Just).
On the day it’s self a few surprises, one of which being an Aston Martin to transport the groom, although I am not sure who enjoyed the “scenic” route to the ceremony more, Pete or his best man Simon. Rachael had a surprise of her own, Mike ever the joker vowed he would not cry when Rachael entered  the room fully dressed in her stunning bridal gown….well I wish I had put a bet on, as tears certainly began to fall and Mike’s emotions took over… Julie as ever the proud mum just stood back to watch the moment unfold, it’s one I will treasure forever.

I could go on and on about this beautiful bride who I now am proud to call a friend but the mini video below shows just how happy Rachael and Pete are as the new Mr & Mrs Peter Clarke… so Rachael as promised all those months ago here is your wedding on the NEWP Blog.





No comments:

Our previous blogs